Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving in San Diego

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my friend, Pam, and family at her home in San Diego.  Pam fixed the traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, creamed corn and cranberry sauce.  Her daughter-in-law, Kimberly, brought a green bean casserole and pumpkin pie.  It was 80 degrees, so we spent a lot of time outside enjoying the sun.  Pam's grandchildren, Skylar (4th grade) and Dylan (Kindergarten), provided the entertainment. We ate around 2:00 pm since Pam's son, Ryan, had to go to work at a hotel in Del Mar.  After the meal we walked to a friend's house just for the exercise and to say "hi."  The roses are blooming and everything is just plain gorgeous here.

The NASM conference at the Hyatt in downtown San Diego was very informative and I had a great view of the harbor from my 14th floor room.  I was there Sat through Tuesday.  On Tuesday, Pam picked me up at my hotel and we drove to the beach at Cardiff.  My top priority was to take a walk in the ocean.


Jeannette on the Pacific shore at Cardiff




Walking in the Pacific Ocean.
I found some great rocks in surprising colors.



BFF Pam

On Wednesday we had lunch at Cafe Merlot (Salmon BLT) sitting outside under some lush California foliage.  There is a little village of shops called the Winery, where we both found some good buys at a wonderful boutique called Cotton Cottage.

Today we will meet Pam's cousin's daughter, Shea, for dinner at the Fish House in Del Mar.  I am looking forward to some fresh talapia.

California is a good place to be in November.

Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment