Saturday, December 26, 2009

Digging Out

The Lincoln Journal Star reports that we have 11.5 inches of snow on the ground and that we can expect another inch or so today.  Our wonderful neighbor, Joe, was out again this morning clearing our driveway and sidewalks.  All I had to do was clear the steps and porch and check to make sure that the pond water was still running.  It was.


Didn't we just do this 2 weeks ago?
(notice Joe in a red cap in the background )

 
Joe and his machine.



My work (after Joe cleared the sidewalk).



All done.  Come on in!



Welcome Mat



Now just ring the doorbell.



Notice two red dots.  They are the wings of a buried cardinal.



Here is the cardinal after I dug him out 2 weeks ago.



The cardinal before the snows came.

We're all dug out now.  I promised Jana I would feed her cat, Gracie, today, so Dave & I will go for a ride this afternoon to see if we can get to Jana's apartment behind Target.  People are driving up and down the street, so I think our 4-wheel drive Envoy will get us there.

Stay warm and toasty.

Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment