Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Preview of Hungary

This is a special entry for Pam.  I want to show her some photos of Hungary, and this is easier than emailing them.  Pam and I are planning a trip to Czech Republic and Hungary in May, so I want to share these photos taken in May 2005 when I visited Budapest with Gabor & Kati and another couple.

So, Pam, here is a small preview of places I would love to revisit while we are in Hungary.


Pest and the Danube behind me.



Katalin.
Buda is on the left and Pest is on the right side
of the Danube River behind her.


St. Matthias Church high on the hills of Buda.


Another view of St. Mattias Church.




Museum on Hero's Square.





Inside Keleti Train Station.




The Basilica in downtown Pest.



Another view of the Basilica.




Szentendrei, an artists' colony near Budapest.



An artists' stall in Szentendrei.
I bought the big round piece for my grand piano.




Visegrad on a bend in the Danube.


Another view of Visegrad.




Winery on Lake Balaton.


Another view of Lake Balaton from the winery.




I think my memory is accurate.  However, note to Gabor & Kati: Please let me know if I need to change any of my captions.



I could go on and on (and I probably will in a future post), but for now this should be enough to give you an idea of why I want to return to Hungary.

Jeannette



No comments:

Post a Comment