Friday, April 16, 2010

Red Bird in the Red Bud

We are quite partial to cardinals at our house.  I had a bit of luck yesterday photographing a young pair chasing each other around the red bud tree. Most of the time, they were quite well camouflaged in the pink blossoms, but a couple of the photos turned out rather well.



He was the toughest to photograph.
I took this photo from the living room window with my telephoto lens.




I can only hope he'll return, so I can try again.




I had better luck with the female.





Love the red beak.





"I'm ready for my close up, Mr. De Mille."






"This is my best side."





"What is that over there?"




You can see why the cardinals are attracted to this red bud tree.






The bleeding hearts are getting prettier every day.



Birds and blooms are good therapy.

Jeannette



1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome. I'm impressed- we had to pay to get shelves built for our CDs!
    -Stefan & Laura

    ReplyDelete